mspinky.com Forum Index mspinky.com
'Playing with Vinyl'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Play nice w Mixed in Key?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    mspinky.com Forum Index -> General And Misc. Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloMo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Play nice w Mixed in Key? Reply with quote

Hi there, total newbie, couldn't find any info re using mixed in key w MsPinky.
The MIK forums had nothing either, and nobody posted any replies to my query (insert emoticon).

I'm using OSX, am setting up to use M4L / Blinkytoy, and am pondering the purchase of Mixed In Key.

Thanks for your time in advance,
djnelson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought mix in key was just a way to label your mp3s and you use the chart they provide to match tracks in similar key.

In Ms Pinky there are two things that affect the pitch of a song

The pitch adjustment in MS Pinky or any DJ DVS / CD Player / Turntable changes the perceived pitch / key of the song as well as the tempo by speeding up the song.

Then there's Pinky Pitch Lock which I think acts like the master tempo you find on the infamous CDJ's which have this will help keep your song in it's original key.

Most likely if you're playing 2 songs with same tempo and same key you won't need to worry about having master tempo / Pinky Pitch on (unless the track you're mixing from had it enabled).

This is how I understand it and anyone can please correct me if I'm wrong about anything I just posted as I'm / we're all always learning Very Happy

I hope that helps you with your decisions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    mspinky.com Forum Index -> General And Misc. Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: